Saturday, July 7, 2007

I walked past Palace Road today with the heavenly smell of coffee being ground wafting up from one of the shops there. It is cold, wet and windy and that smell just makes me want to curl up in the corner of a room with a hot mug of fresh coffee in my hand, a few cushions around and a good book in my hand. Smells transport me to places I have been and memories that are buried deep.

Smells I love..

..fresh ground coffee..
..newly wet earth after the first rain....
..the smell from the pages of books - particularly old ones, new ones and in between ones...
..of a classroom in the holidays.. try it, it smells of chalk and wood
..jasmine from outside my bedroom window...
..Johnsons baby powder on a baby..
..freshly cut grass..
..laundered sundried clothes..
..the smell of peeled oranges..
..of crushed lime leaves..

These are just top of the hat, Im sure if I thought about it there would be more.




..

13 comments:

Keshav said...

what about the SMELL OF KESHAV?

saras said...

depends on whether it is after football or after a bath

Gops said...

Nice stuff. Keep it coming. I wish I could get 5 minutes of peace to blog! I have done some two articles in one year.

saras said...

tells you how bored I am without the kids around

Meera said...

i love the smell of a swimmig pool under the sun...

saras said...

yes,meera an the thought of diving into the water

parivrajak said...

way to go, ma'am!! :)

done the HarryP reading?!

saras said...

welcome,parivrajak. and yes .. finished HP7 last night at 2.30. Held on this long thinking I should read the book (I cant lie down and read the comp nor can I take it to the loo)but succumbed about 6 in the evening. Now I can rest in peace

parivrajak said...

Tee Hee!

And what's the verdict?!!!

saras said...

good reading as usual... pretty gory though.. not sure it is intended for under 15s. Characters dropping off like flies.

parivrajak said...

"What, silent still? And silent all?!"

:D

Roshan said...

The bit about you walking in Palace Road made me miss Mattancherry so much. I haven't been there in ages.

How about the smell of baby's diaper filled with it's offerings?

saras said...

Roshan: welcome!!
about baby diapers....hmmmm...the jury is still out on that one.