Friday, October 5, 2007

Well , Puffoos is fine and Poochoos has had three...yes, three.... more kittens. Bad girl!!!!

Its been a long time I've been away from my blog, is laziness a good enough excuse? I admire people who have something to blog EVERY DAY. They must lead such interesting lives.

In the interim (I've always wanted to say that,"In the interim") we went to Delhi.... sorry!! Gurgaon for the purists. Havent had such a holiday in years where we just slept and read and slept and read some more. My idea of bliss!!!!
My only grouse against the place is there there is no public transport, only the cycle rickshaws. The last time I travelled in one was when I was 10 years old and in Allahabad. I know the guys are trying to make an honest living , but I feel very guilty.... I will not travel in one.

Gurgaon skyline looks like something out Dubai or some place, just as long as your gaze remains on the horizon. The illusion snaps when you look lower than that.

Also went to a multiplex and saw "Chak De" (Will some Punjabi tell me just exactly what that means?) Loved it. I dont care what anyone says, I love feel good movies. I'm paying good money to enjoy myself and I do not enjoy myself when I see movies where they stare at a fly on a chappati for hours on end.

Picked up cheap books on the roadside, though really the place for that is Daryganj. Shall make another trip for that.. Now thats something to look forward to.

6 comments:

Keshav said...

who stares at fly's/

saras said...

keshav: re "akaler sandhane" movie by mrinal sen

Dramaprasad said...

Chak De Phatte -though loosely translated as pick up the floorboards is more of a war cry than a housekeeping call. The origins of the phrase lie in the times when the Khalsa i.e. the original warrior Sikhs were formed, they would cross canals and attack Mughal camps in a blitzkrieg attack and then just as they came would retreat leaving the enemy helpless. The sport of tent pegging also evolved from this camp raiding where the riders would remove the pegs of the tents trapping the occupants under, what then used to b a very heavy fabric. While escaping back to their base the Khalsa warriors would dismantle any temporary bridges constructed by them (made out of "Phatte") to prevent the Mughals from chasing them and sometimes to prevent the enemy from escaping, hence the cry "Chak De Phatte". The phrase then acquired the meaning: to complete the route. And is now used as in the figure of "Bring the house down!". Oye Chak De Phatte!!!!!


trust a sardar to unpeg a guy's tent with him under it and run away with the bridge. jokers!

saras said...

Anil: Welcome back! Long time no see.

lostworld_me said...

Chak De...has been awesomele explained by "dramaprasad"....coloquially meaning : "Lift Up The Spirits" or " Bring the House Down" as mentioned...who cares...whatever you do...Chak De!

saras said...

Hello,lostworld_me!!!

You've reminded me about my blog.